How do I recognize quality extensions?
You will recognize quality extensions when they are not easily distinguishable from your own hair and when the bonding is very thin and almost invisible.
Can the strands be removed and can I remove them myself?
Removal of the Great Lengths strands is relatively easy. Your hairdresser will apply a special gel on the bonds removing them with a tool. What usually creates a challenge is matting. Matting is due to non-proper or careless maintenance.
Never remove your hair extensions yourself. Always return to the salon to have your hair extensions professionally removed. Great Lengths extensionists have all been trained to remove the hair extensions using only Great Lengths removal solution.
How are the strands attached to the natural hair?
Great Lengths patented protein polymer bond ensures a quick and simple application either with heat or ultrasound system. Bonds are made from synthetic keratin mimicking the molecular structure of natural keratin found in human hair and skin and maintaining a pH value of 5.5 to be compatible with your hair, scalp and skin.
How long do extensions last?
Quality extensions may last up to about 6 months. This depends on how fast your hair grows. If your hair grows quickly they may last less and vice versa.
We recommend removal every 4 to 6 months, depending upon the type of application performed (i.e. lengthening, more volume), the state/condition of the natural hair, and their lifestyle.
Must I always wear the same hairstyle?
Great Lengths hair has a natural wavy effect and for most clients this is an advantage because they can be easily dried and styled. Any style, color or cut is possible.
Do extensions damage hair?
Whichever method of application you choose, hair extensions are a cosmetic procedure and so, as with any cosmetic procedure, if applied and maintained properly, the application will not damage your hair.
The key to a successful, damage free application lies in the details of the application. There is no "cookie cutter", "one size fits all" application technique, as each client has different hair conditions and desired results that must be considered.
1. Choose a long standing, high quality system of hair extensions such as Great Lengths.
2. The skill level of the stylist is crucial for damage free hair applications therefore ensure your hair stylist is a qualified hairdresser who also has been certified in the application of your chosen hair extensions. All Great Lengths extensionists have been trained and certified directly by the company who has the most rigid requirements for certification in the industry.
3. Complete a full consultation with your extensionist to ensure your hair is suitable for your chosen hair extensions. All Great Lengths extensionists are trained to complete consultations for their clients and will provide this service mostly free of charge.
4. Carefully follow the aftercare regime to properly maintain your hair extensions. Great Lengths have a range of Aftercare products available and all Great Lengths extensionists will ensure you know how to maintain your hair extensions before you leave the salon.
5. Always go back to your salon for maintenance check appointments and if you experience any problems with your hair extension. Great Lengths extensionists will check your bonds, hair and scalp and help you to resolve any problems.
6. Never remove your hair extensions yourself. Always return to the salon to have your hair extensions professionally removed. Great Lengths extensionists have all been trained to remove the hair extensions using specially developed Great Lengths removal gel or removal solution.